Used For: EPDM pipe boots are used to create a waterproof seal between the roof deck and protruding pipework.
1) After installing the roofing membrane place the pipe boot in position by sliding it over the drain or pipe. You may need to cut to required diameter
2) Mark the roofing membrane to show where rubber primer is to be applied
3) Remove boot and apply rubber primer
4) Wait until primer is touch dry and then re-install the pipe boot positioning over the pipe and onto the roof membrane.
5) Smooth down the join with a seam roller
6) Roll back the top of the boot and apply water cut off mastic around the pipe.
7) Roll back top of boot over mastic and install and tighten hose clip using screw driver.
You might also need
If you’re buying for a new roof or replacing an old one, you will need to consider the following components in your roof kit...
- Edge Trims
EPDM Rubber & steel hose clip
25-150 mm Diameter
What is The Life Expectancy of EPDM Rubber Roofs?
EPDM Rubber roofs have a 50 year life expectancy.
EPDM has been in commercial use since the 1960s. And many of those roofs are still around today.
How Long Does It Take To Install A ClassicBond Roof?
Generally, installing a ClassicBond roof can be a very quick job if you have basic knowledge about the preparation and the correct steps to take.
Some factors will affect the installation time such as the current substrate, size and type of roof; along with if there is any detail work required such as skylights.
Our friends over at RoofScout have made a great video showing you exactly how long it takes to install ClassicBond on a freestanding, timber-boarded log cabin.
For Sam, it took him just under a 1hour and 30minutes. He did install this roof alone and installed edge trims which make a difference to the installation time.
Check out RoofScout's video below.
Is Classicbond EPDM BBA Certified?
Yes. ClassicBond EPDM holds the British Board of Agrément certificate, No. 11/4853, issued to Flex-R Ltd. The BBA carries out assessment, testing, approval and certification of products and systems for the construction industry against national requirements, internationally recognized standards or other relevant technical specifications, reviewed and reissued every 3 years.
The ClassicBond system is also fire rated, the 1.2mm EPDM has a fire rating of EXT.F.AB and the 1.5mm EPDM membrane is fire rated to EXT.F.AA. Fire rating is carried out on a variety of deck surfaces and it is important to seek the certificate that relates most accurately to your roof structure.
What Temperatures Can A Rubber Roof Be Installed In?
We recommentd a minimum tempereture of 5 degrees C for EPDM installation. This is due the the WBA adhesive being water based and lower temperetures may cause the adhesive to freeze over and fail.