Pipe Boot with Steel Adjustable Hose Clip
Used For: EPDM pipe boots are used to create a waterproof seal between the roof deck and protruding pipework.
1) After installing the roofing membrane place the pipe boot in position by sliding it over the drain or pipe. You may need to cut to required diameter
2) Mark the roofing membrane to show where rubber primer is to be applied
3) Remove boot and apply rubber primer
4) Wait until primer is touch dry and then re-install the pipe boot positioning over the pipe and onto the roof membrane.
5) Smooth down the join with a seam roller
6) Roll back the top of the boot and apply water cut off mastic around the pipe.
7) Roll back top of boot over mastic and install and tighten hose clip using screw driver.
|Stock Type||In Stock|
|Material||EPDM Rubber & steel hose clip|
|Size||25-150 mm Diameter|
|Delivery Lead Time||No|
EPDM Rubber roofs have a 50 year life expectancy.
EPDM has been in commercial use since the 1960s. And many of those roofs are still around today.
Yes, EPDM Membranes require the substrate to be dry prior to installation. This is so the the adhesive & primers can effectively bond the rubber to roof deck. EPDM products will not adhere to wet or damp surfaces. Trapped moisture may vaporize and negatively affect the performance of the membranes.
Yes, ClassicBond membrane holds the British Board of Agrément certificate, No. 11/4853 (issued to Flex-R Ltd). It also holds fire ratings for each of the thicknesses available.
We recommentd a minimum tempereture of 5 degrees C for EPDM installation. This is due the the WBA adhesive being water based and lower temperetures may cause the adhesive to freeze over and fail.