Terms and Conditions
- Shipping & Delivery
Delivery charges will be calculated at the checkout and are dependent on the products selected for purchase. This charge is based on delivery to mainland UK (excluding the Scottish Highlands & the Islands where additional shipping charges will apply).
Each item purchased will display its own delivery schedule. While we make every effort to ensure orders are delivered by the date required, we cannot always guarantee availability from the manufacturer or the manufacturer's delivery schedules.
Any variation to web delivery date given will be advised to you by email or telephone. If we are unable to make delivery because access is not possible, we reserve the right to make a failed delivery charge.
We are strong believers in providing our customer with the best value for money and feel that hiding the transport costs in the prices of the products does not benefit the customer. Our carriage charges reflect the size and weight of your order and will always be shown separately at the checkout
All of our delivery charges are based on the customer being available to accept the goods. This includes, on heavier items, the ability or willingness to manually offload the goods, or having mechanical offloading facilities available (such as a forklift truck). Crane-off or tail-lift facilities may be available on certain orders at an additional cost.
Please note that any order received after 12PM on a Friday (along with any order received over a weekend) will be processed on the Monday. All of our estimated delivery times are therefore based on a 5 day working week so please bear this in mind when ordering.
RoofDepot utilises national carriers and national pallet distribution networks as well as manufacturers own transport.
We reserve the right to refuse to make a delivery if you have not informed us prior to delivery of any access restrictions.
We consider restricted access to be if our drivers encounter double yellow lines, a red route, narrow lanes, steep hills, low bridges, or width restricted roads. Please send an email to sales@RoofDepot.co.uk to discuss delivery if you have restricted access.
We currently only offer deliveries to mainland UK. If you require Delivery to locations outside of mainland please call us on 02476 663362
We try to dispatch most of our products from our Coventry distribution centre but some of the goods you order may come to you direct from the manufacturer resulting in your order being delivered separately. Depending on stock availability,
Some orders may be split into more than one delivery so you are not kept waiting for those items immediately available.
If we become aware of stock difficulties, which will affect delivery timescales, we will let you know by telephone or email.
Please let us know at the time of ordering if you would like to give any specific delivery requests by entering the relevant 'Special Instructions in the box provided.
Accepting Your Delivery
Please check your goods thoroughly before signing for them.
If any part of your delivery is damaged or faulty please contact us by telephone on 02476 663362 or email sales@RoofDepot.co.uk
Do not accept damaged products. Orders signed for as “unchecked” will be deemed to have been received in good condition unless we have been notified within 24hrs of delivery
As soon as the order has been delivered to your requested delivery address, the risk of any damage or loss passes to you.
- Privacy & Security
When you order our "Products or use our "My Account" on www.roofdepot.co.uk (the "Website"), you will be given the opportunity to store certain information such as your name, email address, contact telephone numbers, "Products" selection. You will also, by default provide information about your usage of our website (for example, the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com, your browser type and the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit) ("Your Information").
RoofDepot do not keep a record of credit/debit card details. All credit card processing is handled securely by SagePay
How Your Information is used
RoofDepot uses any information stored by users, to administer the website, assist customers with the enquiry selected and for the purpose of processing orders.
We may also use information to inform customers about special offers, new products, services, promotions, and other similar information which we offer which may be of interest. We may contact customers by post, telephone, as well as by e-mail as per the preference stated at the time of registration or placement of an order with us. If, at any time, customers may update their information or unsubscribe from receiving notifications from RoofDepot, by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org
RoofDepot recognises and appreciates the importance of responsible use of information collected through the RoofDepot website. We will use information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other laws or regulations currently in force in the United Kingdom (the "Data Protection Legislation").
Disclosing your information to third parties
RoofDepot does not sell, trade, or rent your information to others, but reserves the right to provide aggregate data to third parties for statistical analysis. Such data will not be linked to any particular individuals.
We do not disclose your information to third parties without consent unless legally required to do so or where such disclosure is necessary to enable third parties who act for us to process your order. Those third parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. Customer information will NOT be used to inform customers of other products, services and special offers from third parties.
Upon registration with RoofDepot or placement of an order on the RoofDepot website customers confirm that they do not consider any of the uses the information described above as being a breach of any of the rights conferred under the Data Protection Legislation.
Security to protect your information
We employ security measures to protect customer information from being accessed by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, while we take all reasonable steps to protect customer information, customers accept that no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and customers will not hold us liable for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence. We will retain customer information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
In order to improve our site, we may use "cookies" to track customer visits and to process orders. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to the customer’s browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to the customer. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. Customers can set their browser to notify them when they receive a cookie, giving them the chance to decide whether or not to accept it - please refer to the "help" menu on your browser or to the information that came with your browser software.
- Returns & Replacements
- All custom made skylights are non-refundable as these have been manufactured to the customer's exact sizes and therefore not resellable. All standard sized skylights are made to order and any return will incur a 35% Restocking and handling charge
All return products such as Adhesives, Sealant and Accessories must be returned 30 days after point of sale.
If the purchaser is returning unwanted items for any reason other than the items being faulty, incorrect or unsuitable substitutions then a re-stocking charge of 35% of the goods value will be charged to the purchaser.
Where the goods are being returned because they are faulty, incorrect goods or because of unsuitable substitution by the Company, the Company will meet the cost of return provided the Company nominates the carrier.
- T's & C's
1. Unless it is specifically agreed in writing by RoofDepot (“The Company”) these conditions shall apply to the present contract and all future contracts between the Company and any purchaser and no conditions inconsistent therewith shall, unless expressly agreed by the Company, be deemed to override or vary these conditions. No condition included in the purchasers order shall apply to the sale of goods unless expressly accepted by the Company in writing.
3. The Company may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent orders received.
4. The Company assumes that the purchaser has knowledge of roofing and regulations appropriate to the installation.
5. The price payable for the goods ordered are set out on the Company web site at the time of order placement, plus any charges for delivery and insurance as set out in the order form. The Company reserve the right to change these prices without prior notice.
6. Occasionally an error may occur with the Company’s web site and goods may be incorrectly priced in which circumstances the Company will not be obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price.
7. On occasion, the prices payable for goods advertised on the Company‘s web site may differ from those prices offered in price lists and promotional advertising, the Company are under no obligation to honour prices offered if they differ from the Company’s website. All of the Company’s statements regarding price from whatever source are “invitations to treat”.
8. Subject to clause 9, the Company must receive payment for the whole of the price of the goods ordered, and any applicable charges for delivery, before an order can be processed unless the Company have agreed otherwise in advance in writing.
9. For account customers, payment shall be made in full before the end of the month following the date of invoice. Time shall be of the essence for payment. The Company may revoke credit if payment is not made when due in which case, interest is payable at the rate of 10% per month on the amount outstanding. This to be applicable from the due date for payment until received by the Company in full (including any accrued interest) whether before or after judgement, together with any reasonable legal or other recovery costs. The purchaser is responsible for all orders placed by the purchaser‘s authorised employees and the Company is not bound by any individual order limit imposed on purchaser’s authorised employees. The purchaser must inform the Company in writing as soon as the relevant employee is no longer authorised by the purchaser to place and receive orders.
10. Failure to make payment for deliveries under this or any other order/contract shall entitle the Company to delay, suspend or cancel deliveries at its own discretion.
11. Payment can be made by any method specified in the Payment section. The Company will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of the purchaser’s order and payment secure, but, the Company cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by the purchaser.
12. The Company will deliver the goods in accordance with the purchaser‘s order usually within the stated delivery time but certainly within 30 days. In the unlikely event that the Company do not make the goods available to the purchaser within 30 days of accepting the purchaser’s order the purchaser will have the option of cancelling the order by notifying the Company accordingly prior to delivery. A valid signature will be required on collection or delivery by a person of 18 years or older. In the unlikely event that the purchaser has not received all the goods within the stated delivery time, the purchaser must notify the Company immediately. The purchaser must not schedule or commence any installation work until after the total order is received and all the goods have been checked for any defects or missing parts. The Company will not accept time as being the essence of any order placed with the Company.
13. The purchaser will not be entitled to reject products on account of minor imperfections inherent in the process of manufacture, fabrication, packing or transporting.
14. Delivery can only be made to mainland UK, unless special arrangements are agreed by the Company and purchaser.
15. For reasons of health and safety and to avoid any property damage, most items can only be delivered to the exterior of a ground floor location at the delivery address. The purchaser must therefore make their own arrangements at their own risk if the relevant item needs to be transported from the delivery location. The Company will not provide any unpacking, installation or fitting services upon delivery unless otherwise agreed by the Company.
16. The purchaser must do all that can be reasonably done to enable delivery to take place at the given date and place. If the purchaser delays delivery, or delivery fails because the purchaser has not taken appropriate steps, the Company will try to arrange for an alternative delivery date within 30 days of the failed delivery. If delivery fails as a result of circumstances within reasonable control of the purchaser, the cost of any re-delivery shall be borne by the purchaser. If the Company is unable to arrange a date for re-delivery the Company may cancel the order and refund the price that the purchaser paid for the goods, less the failed delivery costs.
17. The Company may notify the purchaser by email to confirm receipt of the purchaser‘s order and may send the purchaser a further email to confirm order details. The purchaser should please note that neither email is acceptance of the purchaser’s order.
18. Without prejudice to Clause 16, upon delivery of the goods to the purchaser, the goods shall be at the purchaser‘s risk. In spite of delivery having been made, title in the goods shall not pass to the purchaser until payment for the goods has been received by the Company in full. Until title in the goods passes from the Company, the purchaser shall hold the goods on a fiduciary basis as bailee and shall store the goods at the purchaser’s own cost separately from all other goods in the purchaser‘s possession and marked in such a way that they are clearly identified as the Company’s property.
19. All items are subject to availability. In the event that the Company is unable to supply the goods, the Company will inform the purchaser of this. A refund will be given where the purchaser has already paid for the goods, in the case of an account customer, the Company may, in its absolute discretion, raise a credit to offset the amount invoiced.
20. Without prejudice to Clause 19, under its policy of continued improvement, or in the event of non-availability of bought-in parts, the Company reserves the right to alter, change or amend without notice its product specification at any time.
DAMAGED OR LOSS OF GOODS
21. The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for goods damaged during transit unless a note to the effect is made on the driver’s delivery document when signed for if the damage is clear on arrival and photographic evidence is provided and e-mailed or posted to the Company and to the carrier of the goods within three days of receipt of the same and an opportunity is given to each of them to inspect the goods.
22. Written notification of the loss or non-delivery of any goods shall be given within 3 days of dispatch to allow the Company to make any necessary or appropriate claim against the carrier.
CANCELLATION & RETURNS
23. The purchaser may cancel an order by giving the Company notice of cancellation within 30 days of the date of delivery to the purchaser or collection from a Company premises. Such notice may be given by mail, fax or email. If the purchaser is cancelling because of any problem with the goods, the Company must be notified of the problem at the time of cancellation.
24. All items sold by RoofDeot fall under one of the below three categories and as a result may or may not be included within our returns policy. Stocked Items are items which are kept in stock at our distribution centre and are included within our 30-day returns policy Made to order products are items which are not held in stock at our distribution centre and only manufacture once an order has been placed. These items are included within our 30 day returns policy however will incur a 35% restocking charge Bespoke items are products which have been manufactured specifically to your required sizes of specifications and as a result are non-refundable and excluded from our returns policy. .
25. On cancellation for whatever reason, goods must be returned at purchaser‘s cost unless the Company agree to disposal of them in which case it is requested the purchaser comply with the manufacturer’s instructions before disposing of hazardous goods. Where the goods are being returned because they are faulty, incorrect goods or because of unsuitable substitution by the Company, the Company will meet the cost of return provided the Company nominates the carrier.
26. If the goods are unwanted then a refund less the re-stocking charge as above will be applied assuming the other conditions are met. The Company do not however accept the return of bespoke or modified items such as cut materials. Unopened tins of adhesives, primers and pastes will only be accepted if returned within 14 days of despatch from the Company due to shelf life.
27. Any form of claim is declared void by the Company if it arises from neglect / vandalism / subsidence / accident / misuse or acts of violence, however caused, environmental pollution and uncharacteristic weather conditions.
28. All warranty claims must be forwarded to the Company office in writing.
29. The purchaser shall be responsible for ensuring that the supply and fitting of the product complies with every applicable statute, order in council, regulation or direction of government, local or other authority and in particular that he has obtained every necessary licence, permit and authority required in connection therewith.
30. Any alterations to any part of this agreement document including these terms and conditions invalidate this agreement.
31. The Company’s liability for any claim, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, or for any loss or damage arising out of this contract shall in no case exceed the price paid by the purchaser to the Company for the goods which give rise to the claim, in no event shall the Company be liable for any loss of profits or any special or consequential damage suffered by the purchaser, including any interest charges.
32. This does not affect the purchaser’s statutory rights if the purchaser is a consumer.
33. Goods are intended for use in the UK only and the Company cannot confirm that the goods comply with any laws, regulations or other standards applicable outside the UK. All goods are sold in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and are subject to any qualifications, representations or instructions contained in the documentation associated with the goods
34. If the purchaser is a trade customer and subject to Clause 27, the Company will not be responsible to the purchaser or, in the event that the purchaser is undertaking work for another person, to any other person, for the use or installation of any goods by the purchaser. Accordingly, if the purchaser is a trade customer, the purchaser hereby agree to hold the Company harmless, and indemnify the Company against any liability associated with, any claim or allegation that the Company are responsible for any failings in the installation or use of goods that the Company supplies.
LIMITED COMPANIES - GUARANTEE
35. Those signing the Trade Credit Account Application Form on behalf of limited companies do so as guarantor and irrevocably undertake to guarantee the payment of all monies owing to the Company by the relevant limited company if the Company believe that the limited company cannot meet its obligations.
36. If the limited company goes into receivership, liquidation or administration the guarantor guarantees to pay to the receiver, liquidator or administrator, as the case may be, such sum as will enable him to pay all monies owed to the Company by the limited company.
37. The Company may suspend further supply or delivery, stop any goods in transit or terminate the Company‘s contract verbally or by notice in writing to the purchaser if the purchaser is in breach of an obligation hereunder or the purchaser becomes unable to pay the debts when they fall due or proceedings are commenced by or against the purchaser alleging bankruptcy or insolvency. Upon termination, the purchaser’s indebtedness to the Company becomes immediately due and payable and the Company shall be under no further obligation to supply goods to the purchaser.
38. The Company shall have no liability to the purchaser for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to goods supplied or delivered hereunder that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond the company’s reasonable control (including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes).
39. If any part of these conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable (including any provision in which the Company exclude their liability to the purchaser) the validity, legality or enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected. This contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
40. All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyright used in this document are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyright of their respective holders. No permission is given by the Company, or their affiliates for the use of such brand names, product and service names and titles and copyright by any other person, and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
41. All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on the Company website are the copyright of the Company or their affiliates or content providers. Permission is granted to users to electronically copy or print portions of this site for their own personal non commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without the prior written consent of the Company, or their respective affiliates or content providers, is strictly prohibited. By using the website the purchaser agrees not to alter or adapt, or to create any derivative work from, any content on the site.